Friday, July 1, 2011

It's about 1:30 a.m. now. I leave in about 4 hours for my first dive on the Great Barrier Reef. Definitely more excited about this than I ever was about Disney Land.
Everything here is really expensive, so we had yet another overpriced, but still delicious dinner in town tonight. We went to this place called Jam which we've wanted to go to before, but you have to have reservations. We had a test this Friday, so most of the people in my group were having absolute breakdowns. No reason for it though; the tests were really easy. Since I wasn't worried about the tests, and I hate dealing with obnoxiously stressed people, I and a couple of others got to know some of the Australian kids still on campus. Tonight we went and hung out at this place where one of them works, and we played pool and met some more australians.
Australian pool is weird. For one, the balls are tiny. For another, in a lot of the pubs and cheaper places, they don't have balls with numbers. Instead they have red and yellow balls and a black ball. The black ball is obviously an 8 ball, and the red and yellow balls are like stripes and solids. Too bad if you want to play cut throat.
I went for a walk tonight and heard a wallaby, but I haven't actually seen one in about a week. Very odd. Some of us got tired of stressy people and went for a walk last night. We took lights, and with the lights you could see the eyes of the spiders glowing blue and purple and green and orange. There were probably thousands of them. It was incredible.
Got to go to bed, but I'm super excited about the dives this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment